Look! It’s back! Back again! BookTube-A-Thon 2017!!!! The BookTube-A-Thon is running this year from July 24th-30th and I am so excited to get started!! I participated, just barely, in the BookTube-A-Thon last year and I didn’t do quite as well as I had hoped. I am definitely hoping for better this year! I definitely have quite the TBR for the week, but before I get into that, let me link the main video with the “Reading Challenges” for the week below!
And now for my overly ambitious TBR for the 2017 BookTube-A-Thon!!
- Read a book with a person on the cover
- For this challenge, I will be reading “Windwitch” by Susan Dennard! I am so excited to finally be back in this series again!!
- Read a hyped book
Now, this is the overly ambitious part of the TBR, but I want to at least start “Strange the Dreamer” by Laini Taylor. I have been wanting to read this book for the longest time, so I thought that this was the best excuse to finally start it.
- Finish a book in one day
- For this challenge, I will be reading “Matilda” by Roald Dahl! I have been wanting to re-read this childhood favorite of mine, so why not this week?
- Read about a character that is very different from you
- For this challenge, I will be reading “If I Was Your Girl” by Meredith Russo. I bought this last month with the intention to read it during Pride Month, but unfortunately never got around to it. This book is about a trans-female character and that is a very different identity and experience to my own, so I am so excited to get into this read.
- Finish a book completely outdoors
- For this challenge, I am hoping to double-up with “Matilda”! I plan on reading this during my lunch break outside and then in the evening, since it’s summer and I can!
- Read a book because of the cover
- For this challenge, I am also hoping to double up with “If I Was Your Girl”. I bought the UK version of the book because I fell in love with it!
- Read 7 books
- Now, this is the challenge that I am not anticipating on finishing, especially since I cannot imagine that I’ll actually finish “Strange the Dreamer” this week, but if I do have some room to read more, I will fulfill this challenge with some graphic novels that have yet to be read on my shelf.
So, there it is! My slightly overly ambitious TBR, but I am excited for all of the books planned for the week!! Will you be participating this year? If so, let me know what your TBR is in the comments and we can cheer each other on!! 🙂 Happy BookTube-A-Thoning everyone!!