I loved reading Christina’s Reading Resolutions, so I wanted to create my own! I feel like it’s good motivation for me to kick the year off right 🙂 Enjoy!
- An author that you’d like to read that you’ve never read before // I haven’t checked out Sarah J. Maas, so I want to check out A Court of Thorns and Roses or Throne of Glass.
- A book you’d like to read // General indeed. I’ll say A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir, because I’ve been meaning to get to it.
- A classic you’d like to read // I’ve been meaning to read another by F. Scott Fitzgerald, maybe Tender is the Night or the Beautiful and Damned.
- A book you’d like to reread // I used to love Madeline L’Engles books as a kid, so I want to pick up A Wrinkle in Time again.
- A book you’ve had for ages and would like to read // I can’t even remember when I bought Dune, it was so far back. I picked it up because I heard it was the sci-fi book, and I need to get to it already.
- A big book that you’d like to read // I’m a total broken record, but I want to finish Les Mis!
- An author that you’ve read from the past that you’d like to read more from this year // I’ve been meaning to pick up another one of Jack Kerouac’s books.
- A book that you got for Christmas that you’d like to read // I (thankfully!) didn’t get any. I kept dropping hints that I already own too many I haven’t gotten to!
- A series you want to read from start to finish // Man, I guess if I was feeling really ambitious, I would say Red Rising by Pierce Brown. A more likely one would be Madeline L’engle’s Time Quartet.
- A series that you’d like to finish that you’ve already started // The Half Bad Trilogy…wasn’t too crazy about the second, but want to read Half Lost to see it through tie the end.
- How many books do you plan to read in the year 2017 // My GoodReads goal is 30, but I’m including textbooks in that number. This semester already has a very heavy reading load, but I hope to have more time as the year goes on!
- Do you have any other reading goals // It’s a small one, but I honestly just want to make more time for leisure reading during the hectic semester, even if it’s just ten minutes here and there.
What are your reading resolutions this year? Let us know!