Hello readers! As it is January, I know everyone is still thinking about, talking about and formulating their New Years resolutions for the year 2017!! Personally, though, I don’t set resolutions, rather I have done the #onewordxxxx where I pick a word to form my year around. I’ve been doing this for a couple of years and I have really enjoyed what this does for my year. If you’re curious, my #oneword2017 is “intention” 🙂
Anyways, since I haven’t set resolutions, I thought that this Reading Resolutions Tag would be a fun way to think about my reading for the year! I initially saw this on JessetheReaders’ channel, which I highly (again) recommend checking out! 🙂 So without further ado, here we go with the Reading Resolutions Tag!
- An author that you’d like to read that you’ve never read before // I definitely want to read any of Brandon Sandersons’ works, specifically the Mistborn trilogy. I have heard nothing but good things of Brandon Sandersons’ works and as a lover of fantasy/high-fantasy, I am all about it.
- A book you’d like to read // Well, this is pretty simple – I’d like to read Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi. My boyfriend is currently reading it as I got it for him for Christmas and he is raving about it.
- A classic you’d like to read // I actually did recently pick up Sense and Sensibility and I definitely want to read this soon. I also would like to collect the rest of the “Classic Lines” classic books just cause they’re so pretty!!!
- A book you’d like to reread // I definitely want to reread both To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You in anticipation for the upcoming final book in this now trilogy: Always and Forever, Lara Jean. I loved these first two books and I was so excited when I heard that Jenny Han would be writing a third book, so I want to be prepared in anticipation for this big release! Definitely one of my most anticipated releases of 2017!!
- A book you’ve had for ages and would like to read // I want to read The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon – I’ve had this book for forever!! I remember getting it for super cheap at a Half Price Books and I loved the sound of it. Now, it’s three books in and I am hearing fantastic reviews, so I want this to be the year that I finally read this!!
- A big book that you’d like to read // I recently and finally bought Outlander by Diana Gabaldon with a birthday gift card that I got. I definitely have been wanting to read this for quite some time and so many people have told me that I’d definitely enjoy it, so this is the year!
- An author that you’ve read from the past that you’d like to read more from this year // I loved the Archived duology by Victoria Schwab (V.E. Schwab) and I definitely want to read more from her! I just got This Savage Song, so I’m excited to get into that.
- A book that you got for Christmas that you’d like to read // I only got Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo from my boyfriend and I am currently reading it and LOVING IT!! So, BOOM! One resolution already almost done!
- A series you want to read from start to finish // Another set of books that I’ve owned for forever are the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness, consisting of: The Knife of Never Letting Go, Ask and the Answer and Monsters of Men. Again, I got these for pretty cheap at a local used bookstore and again, I’ve heard so many good reviews that I definitely want to get around to this trilogy this year.
- A series that you’d like to finish that you’ve already started // I guess the only thing that I can come up with is the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. I still need to read Empire of Storms, and I know the series is ending this year so hopefully, I will be finishing this series this year.
- How many books do you plan to read in the year 2017 // My GoodReads Reading Challenge is set at 48, which comes out to 4 books a month. I’d be happy if I could do that for the year. I am also working on completing the 2017 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge, which is 52 books. So, we’ll see?
- Do you have any other reading goals // A big reading goal that I have this year is to read from more women of color, both fiction and nonfiction. As a woman of color in today’s social and political climate, the one way that I can feel empowered in myself is to immerse myself and surround myself with other strong women of color. I would love to not only read from authors that identify as women of color, but I would love to read more books with women of color protagonists.
Alright, so here are some of my reading resolutions! What are some of your reading resolutions? Any book in particular that you are excited to read? I hope you’ve all had a wonderful reading start!! 🙂