Hello readers!! I know that we’ve been a little…or a lot…MIA on our blog here. Life just gets hectic with two of us in grad school and the other who got beyond busy with work. Le sigh… We will definitely be making a bigger effort in the New Year to bring back the same content that you have come to love and enjoy in our little corner of the book blogging community! 🙂
That being said! I thought I’d do the Festive Christmas Book Tag that I’ve seen circulating around the BookTube!! How appropriate with the holidays coming up – I thought this was a fun little addition to our blog this month! I got these questions off of JesseTheReaders’ video and you should definitely check his (and his channel) out!! 🙂
- Fictional family that you’d like to have dinner with // I definitely have to say the Weasley family!! I mean, come on! Who doesn’t want dinner made by Mrs. Weasley, chat Ministry gossip with Mr. Weasley and banter around with all the Weasley children?
- A bookish item that you’d like to receive as a gift // I would almost hate to bring up Harry Potter again, but who doesn’t want a Time Turner? Am I right?!
- A fictional character that you think would make the perfect elf // For some reason, I thought of Cat from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell? I think this because Cat, to me, appears to be someone that enjoys making people happy, but doesn’t want the attention. She is happy with the behind the scenes business of it all.
- Match a book to its perfect Christmas song // Since I’m reading it, a part of me wants to connect Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo to “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town”…haha!! Only because it’s a band of convicts attempting to pull off an impossible heist.
- A book or character that you’ve been disappointed in that deserves to be on the “Naughty List” // I’d have to go with Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski… I was so disappointed in this when I read this in October. The premise sets it up to be so eerie and creepy, but it ended up leaving me wanting more at the end.
- A book or character that deserves that you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserves to be on the “Nice List” // Definitely, the Amulet graphic novel series! I’m still working my way through this, but I don’t think this series gets enough love. I think the artwork is phenomenal, the story is so much fun and the characters have such depth!
- Red, gold, and green…a book cover that has a wonderfully Christmas feel to it // Is it too obvious to go with My True Love Gave To Me? 😉
- A book or series that you love so much that you want everyone to find it under their tree this year // I’d have to go with the Lunar Chronicles!!! Love love love! And I want everyone else to love them too! 🙂
Well, I hope you all enjoyed that fun little book tag! 🙂 I hope everyone is having a wonderful December and enjoying some great winter reads! 🙂