Hello lovely readers! 🙂 I hope everyone is having a lovely February full of books upon books!
I was looking at my bookshelf, both physical and Kindle, and realized that I have quite a few books that have been living on my bookshelves for quite some time that deserve my attention. I have also seen various people’s versions of TBR take-downs where they try to decrease the amount of books on their TBR list and I thought that this would be a great way for me to finally read some of these books on my shelves. So, I decided to pick 10 books since there’s 10 months left in the year and the plan is to at least read one of these books a month if not more. With that being said, here’s my 2016 TBR Take-Down List! 🙂
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness: A YA science-fiction/fantasy book about a town of men where a boy can hear everything that everyone in the town is thinking, when all of the sudden a girl appears. I have only heard positive things about this trilogy and Patrick Ness, and I still cannot believe that I haven’t read this one yet. I even own the whole trilogy, haha!
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon: An urban fantasy book about Paige who is a dreamwalker and a clairvoyant, in a time when that is illegal. This sounds super interesting and I’ve owned a copy of this for quite some time now, so I definitely should get to it soon.
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling: J.K. Rowlings’ adult crime mystery novel – this is something that I’ve gone back and forth on for so long, but I know that Amelia really loved it, so I am choosing to trust her judgement. As I’m re-reading the Harry Potter series, I am being reminded of how incredible of a story teller J.K. Rowling is, which I am excited to see it translated into this story.
- The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen: The second book in the “Queen of the Tearling” trilogy (?), I got a copy of this on my birthday and I am really upset with myself that I’ve waited this long to get to it. I really enjoyed the first one and really need to get to this one.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: I have only heard positive things about this book revolving around two magicians and a night circus…of course I need to read this ASAP!
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton: I’ve had this on my Kindle for quite some time and I’ve always been intrigued by the synopsis. Plus, I want to continue to dabble in more historical fiction, so what better way than with a book that I already own?
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab: Now, this really is just a reminder that I want to keep reading more of V.E. Schwabs’ (Victoria Schwab – author of The Archived) books, as I loved The Archived duology. This is just the book that I own via my Kindle, so yes..NEED to read!
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: Again, another book that I have heard nothing but positive things about and mix that with it being another urban fantasy book which should equal me reading this soon!
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: Ranie read this recently and raved about it, and she definitely isn’t the only person who has raved about this book to me. This time, a contemporary has made the list!
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: There has always been so much hype and buzz about this, now, trilogy of books and I’ve always been curious. This is the year to finally figure out whether or not this book is for me!
That is my 2016 TBR Take-Down List!! I am pretty excited to widdle down my TBR list and now that I’ve written about these books, I’m excited to read these all over again! 🙂
What is on your must read list for 2016?!