Hey Everyone! Rachel here. I have to say, I think Thanksgiving is in my top three of favorite holidays. It’s pretty relaxed–no gift buying of any kind!–and there’s tons of good food. What’s not to love? So when dear Abi tagged us for The Be Thankful Challenge, I was happy to take it on!
Share this image in your blog post.
Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for.
Write about 5 things in 2015 that you are thankful for.
Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part.
Rachel – Five People I’m Thankful For
- My sister and brother-in-law: these two have kept me sane in a lot of crisis moments. I can always be myself around them (which means I usually act like a total weirdo) but they still love me, and we always have a great time hanging out.
- My parents: they’ve provided and taken care of my sister and I in more ways than I can count. Sometimes they can be a bit overprotective, but I know it’s cause they love me and want what’s best for me.
- My small group: we’ve really created a tight-knit little community where I know we all feel comfortable sharing our ups and our downs. I love doing life with them.
- Ranie and Mina: how could I not mention these two?? I love that our friendship has survived life changes and long distances. Plus I get to run a pretty fun blog with them and share my passion of reading on a regular basis.
- J.K. Rowling: I have to mention at least one author, and it’s gotta be her. I know I’ve said it before, but Harry Potter formed my childhood as well as my love of books, reading, and writing.
Rachel – Five Things from 2015 I’m Thankful For
- Seeing my seniors graduate. This was my first students going off to college, and it was a total proud mama moment for me.
- Decided the path I want to take. This Guided Study program has made me realize that what I love most is being there for students in times of need, which is why I’m now looking to get my Masters in School Counseling.
- Meeting new friends. Some amazing people have come into my life in the past months, and I can’t imagine life without them now!
- Getting my 30 before 30 ironed out. I love lists, and decided a list of 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn 30. Now the idea isn’t so morbidly depressing?
- Starting this blog. It has been a wonderful way to keep in touch with my good friends, and a great motivator to read more and more!
Christina – Five People I’m Thankful For
- Definitely my parents!! Living very far away from them can be tough and I know it’s tough on my parents, too. It’s nice to know how supported I still feel from so far away 🙂 ❤
- My brother!!! This guy is my definite role model, as he remakes his life and I am so proud of him! He inspires me to keep pushing myself and pursue my dreams, even if they seem a little far fetched.
- My new work family! December will mark my 1-year workiversary and it has definitely been a whirlwind. If it weren’t for my work family, though, I don’t know if I could’ve stayed as positive as I feel today. They make me laugh, they help me feel so validated, and they push me to keep going.
- Like Amelia, I cannot not give a shout out to my blog sisters: Amelia and Ranie!! It’s nuts how our friendship has endured over the past 10+ years and over the long distances in our friendship. Managing this blog has been so much fun, too, and I love being able to share my passion with two of my favorite people.
- Again, like Amelia, I should definitely mention an author as well! I have to thank Roald Dahl, as he wrote the book that made me the reader that I am today. I read “Matilda” more times than I can count and remember and I loved it!
Christina – Five Things from 2015 I’m Thankful For
- Though my career trajectory is taking a slight detour, I am very thankful for the position that I am in today. It has definitely re-inspired me to stay on track, which means setting some intentional goals for 2016!! 😉
- Being back in my Bellinghome 🙂 This place has been a place of true healing for my soul over the past few years that I’ve been living here. It is nice to feel very established as an independent woman in my home and to have my own community.
- My incredible friends!! 2015 has definitely had its ups and downs, and I definitely have my friends to thank for that since I am so far away from my family and main support system. It’s truly comforting to know how strong some friendships are, no matter how short or how long the duration.
- Turning 27!! While turning another year old can be scary, it also brings so many exciting new opportunities while still remembering the things that I learned at 26. Here’s to 27, y’all!
- Again, echoing Amelia, definitely this blog! This blog has been a wonderful experience sharing my love of reading with all of you with my blog sisters!! 🙂